December 1, 2018
To say that my husband is obsessed with these cookies is an understatement. I only make these at Christmas time which makes them even more special. They are sweet, soft, chewy and delightful. Everyone is sure to love them!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 8 oz Container of Almond Paste
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar plus additional for dusting
- 2 Egg Whites
- Preheat oven to 375° and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut almond paste into about 1” pieces.
- Place in a food processor with sugar.
- Mix until almond paste and sugar are combined well and become fine.
- Add egg whites one at a time pulsing between each.
- When final egg white is in, mix for about 3-4 minutes.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of dough onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Lightly press down the dough to smooth the surface. It is very helpful to slightly dampen your fingers so the dough does not stick.
- Lightly dust with sugar and bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden with cracks on the top.
- When done, let the cookies completely cool before removing them from the parchment. Doing this too soon will cause the bottoms of the cookies to stick and detach from the cookie.