Happy Bacon Day!
On its own or in a dish, bacon can make any recipe even more special. Generally when we eat bacon it is with breakfast or incorporated into a baked potato soup or with brussel sprouts.
Candied bacon is a real treat for us. The sweet and savory of each bite is to die for. With the perfect blend of spice and sweetness our candied bacon recipe is amazing.
- 1 pound uncooked bacon
- ½ cup of brown sugar lightly packed
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with foil. Place a cooling rack in the foiled baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray.
In a bowl, combine brown sugar and pepper.
- Place strips of bacon on the cooling rack in the foil lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture onto the bacon. Then gently pat it down and evenly spread.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain some of the fat.
- Serve warm and enjoy!