Chicken Pot Pie
This is the perfect comfort food.
Whether you use a store bought pie crust or homemade, you wont want to use another recipe for your next chicken pot pie.
Alternatively you can use turkey as well(Thanksgiving leftovers are great for this). You can cook your own chicken first of like us, use a Costco Rotisserie Chicken.
Be sure to assess pie crust instructions first. Follow all directions on the box so the crust is prepared to be cooked.
Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Pot Pie is such a great comfort food. When it starts to get cold out its the perfect dinner that everyone loves.
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 Cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Cup Carrots, sliced(about 2 medium carrots)
- 1/2 Cup Celery, chopped(about 1 stalk)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/3 Cup AP Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Italian Parsley, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 3/4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Cups Shredded Chicken
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Box Store Bought Pie Crust make sure there are two pieces, one for the top and another for the bottom
- 1 Egg
1. Preheat Oven to 400°
2. Heat butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
3. Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and cook until tender.
4. Next, add flour, salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, chicken broth and heavy cream. Whisk to ensure there are no flour lumps.
5. Simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
6. Stir in chicken and frozen peas and remove from heat.
7. After following pie crust instructions, place the bottom layer of pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan and trim any extra dough off the side and discard.
8. Fill pie crust with filling and place the top layer of pie crust. Seal the edges with a fork or your fingers. With a knife, make a few slits in the top of the pie crust.
9. Beat egg in a cup and gently brush on the the top of the crust and edges.
10. Bake for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.