Rice, Bell Pepper and Sausage Dinner
Rice, Bell Pepper, and Sausage Dinner
- 1 ½ cup white or brown rice cooked according to package instructions
- 1 12 ounce package of sausage sliced
- 1 yellow bel pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- olive oil
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ¼ cups chicken broth divided
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp chopped parsley optional
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and cook sausage until it is browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
Add pepper and onion and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper and cook until fragrant then set aside with sausage.
Add tomato paste and ¾ cup of chicken broth and whisk to combine and simmer for about a minute then add the paprika and cayenne.
Add rice, sausage, peppers, onion, and remaining chicken broth stirring until combined.
Garnish with parsley.