S’more Rice Krispie Treats
Ok, I know what you’re probably thinking; this girl is obsessed with rice krispie treats and s’mores and honestly, you’re right. But really it is because it is summer. While s’mores are a classic camping treat, rice krispie treats are also great because you don’t have to bake anything in the heat. Rice krispie treats however are my favorite dessert. I can pass up cake, cookies, ice cream, and pudding but I can’t say no to a good rice krispie treat.
So why not blend a summer classic with a household standard? Don’t be intimidated, these are easier than they look to make.
S’more Rice KrispieTreats
- 4 ½ cup rice krispie cereal
- 1 package of mini marshmallows
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Honeymaid graham crackers
- 1 package of semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9X11 pan with parchment paper.
- Place graham cracker pieces to cover as much as possible.
- Using a double boiler, melt half of the bag of chocolate chips.
- Once melted, smear the chocolate all over the first layer of graham crackers.
- In a large pot, heat butter at medium heat until it is melted then add all the marshmallows.
- Once the marshmallows have melted down, remove from the heat and stir in the rice cereal.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface and spray lightly with cooking spray. Pour the rice krispie mix onto the parchment paper and form it into a rectangle.
- While the rice krispie mix cools, heat the other half of the chocolate chips.
- Lay the rice krispies on the first layer of chocolate and graham crackers. Then smear the melted chocolate on the rice krispies and top with another layer of graham crackers.
- Keep the rice krispie s’mores in a cool place or the refrigerator so the chocolate can harden.
- Cut up and enjoy!