Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole
Talk about an easy week night dinner!
Essentially a deconstructed stuffed bell pepper, this recipe is delicious and easy to make.
If you have a busy schedule this is certainly a meal you can make quickly or ahead of time.
Stuffer Bell Pepper Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 cup white rice uncooked
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 green bell peppers diced into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes liquid drained
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare rice according to package and set aside. Be careful not to overcook.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large skillet, saute onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Next, add ground beef and cook until no more red is present.
- Add bell pepper and cook until it begins to soften.
- Stir in garlic, salt and pepper, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a slight boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in cooked rice.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9X13 pan.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
.:: Leftover Tip ::.
Heat about a cup of casserole in a pan. Once heated through, scramble a beaten egg and cook throughly. This was delicious and a great way to use leftovers in a creative way.